Enjoy this quick and delicious dessert! It is one of my favorites and is a healthier choice for satisfying any sweet tooth.
Egg-free ✔ Gluten-free ✔ Dairy-free ✔
1 can (15oz) chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup nut butter (peanut or almond)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup almond milk or other alt. milk
Light sprinkle of Sea Salt
Dark chocolate chips or chopped up dark chocolate bar of your choice
1. In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients together: Almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda.
2. With your food processor or NutriBullet, put in all your wet ingredients: Coconut oil, Nut butter, Maple Syrup, milk, and vanilla extract. Blend to a smooth mixture.
3. With a spatula, combine wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
Tip #1: If the mixture looks too thick and is difficult to mix, you may add a little more milk.
4. Pour the mixture into an 8x8 greased pan. Top off with your choice: Chocolate chips/chunks, nuts, etc.
5. Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees. Once done, sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
Lazy Dessert Hack: Skip all these steps and throw all your ingredients into the food processor or NutriBullet and blend until a smooth consistency. Pour into pan and top with chocolate. Bake and enjoy!